homeaboutcontactdisclosure

Monday, March 4, 2013

Amateur Manicures: Dabbling in Dotting

Happy Monday!


Excited to begin posting on a regular schedule. But first, at look at what I've been wearing lately.




Left
I began with two coats of Colorblast by Orly's Tempting Tea Rose. It's supposed to be an off white with the slightest pink undertones, but I have yet to notice it. I used Loreal's "Jet Set to Paris" for the two darkest rows of dots. The lighter turquoise blue is Loreal's "Club Prive," but came off a lot more green in photos. The light mint is Julep's Susie, and at the last minute I added Sally for a subtle contrast.


Right
Showing off one of my favorite from the China Glaze Avant Garden collection, I used Passion for Petals as my base and both and small and large dotting tool to creating the vertical rows with Julep's Sally. To finish it off I took Passion for Petals once more and placed dots right over the larger ones in the center to create an outline effect.


Both looks were topped off using Julep's Freedom Polymer Top Coat.


Now even though many have demonstrated how to create your own dotting tool, I wanted to have multiple sizes at my disposal. Investing in dotting tools will cost you about as much as that soda you thought about picking up while filling up your gas tank. I turned to eBay and grabbed a set for less than two dollars and free shipping. The catch? For that price most products come from China which means shipping can take up to a month. I've had mine for almost a year and they've held up completely, even when the cats decide to "borrow" them.




What's your favorite dotted manicure? Have you tried one yourself? 
Let me know what you think and thanks for stopping by and sticking around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...